Family Roo News
Do You Roo?
The CU Difference
Best Financial Advice in 5 words or Less
August 29, 2018
If you’re like most people, people have been sharing little pearls of wisdom with you for years. Some of those gems are called Old Wives’ Tales. A classic we have all heard: “You’ll catch a cold if you go out in winter without a coat.” The truth? Well, you might, if your immune system is already run down and you’ve been in contact with a cold virus, but that’s not the advice we are talking about today.
Below we have compiled a list of the best pearls of financial wisdom, as heard by CU staff and members from around the country. The challenge was to give us their gem in 5 words or less. Here is goes:
When it comes to saving, there were several helpful tips.
1. Pay yourself first – Will, Akron, OH
2. Save for rainy days – Kathy, Columbus, IN
3. Save your change every day – Dave, Corpus Christi, TX
4. Save now, spend later – Natasha, Findlay, OH
5. Save some, spend less – Khoi, Omaha, NE
6. Start planning for retirement now – Candace, Albuquerque, NM
When it comes to making purchases, saving still came into play.
1. Save now, spend later – Natasha, Findlay, OH
2. Always negotiate the price/cost – Brad, Cedar Rapids, IA
3. Pay for everything in cash – Sandra, Margate, FL
4. Think, wait before you buy – Kim, Cleveland, TN
5. Do you need it or want it – Teresa, Albuquerque, NM
6. You can’t buy happiness – Jill, Sonoma, CA
Don’t forget when it comes to paying your bills and budgeting.
1. Pay bills first on payday before they are even due – Kris, Davenport, IA
2. Spend less than you make – Becky, Clive, IA
3. Don’t be debt’s slave – Jim, Albuquerque, NM
4. Live on what you earn – Patrick, Denver, CO
5. Pay ahead on your mortgage – Marilyn, Mitchell, SD
6. Live within your means – Christina, Gates, NC
Page: 1 Of 1
There are currently no comments, be the first to post one!
First Name Only
Email (not required)
Enter the code shown above:
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail